Milbemax Tablets for Cats & Kittens is a broad spectrum wormer. It is used for the treatment of mixed infections by immature and adult cestodes and nematodes of the following species: - Cestodes: Dipylidium caninum, Taenia spp., Echinococcus multilocularis
Milbemax can be inserted into a programme for prevention of heartworm disease if at the same time treatment against tapeworms is indicated. Milbemax has a duration of heartworm prevention of one month. For regular prevention of heartworm disease the use of a monosubstance is preferred.
- Treats mixed infections
- Prevention of heartworm disease (Dirofilaria immitis) if concomitant treatment against cestodes is indicated. Dosage and administration
- Lasts for one month
The product should be administered with or after some food. Doing so ensures optimum protection against heartworm disease.
- Do not use the ‘tablets for Small cats and Kittens’ in cats of less than 6 weeks of age and/or weighing less than 0.5 kg
- Do not use the ‘tablets for Cats’ in cats weighing less than 2 kg.
- The product should not enter water courses as this may be dangerous for fish and other aquatic organisms.
- Milbemax can be used in breeding cats including pregnant and lactating queens.
To ensure that you read the most up to date information about this product, please check the VMD's Product Information Database.
Give with or after some food. Discard 6months after opening the tablets from blister. Wash hands after use.
A minimum recommended dose rate of 2 mg milbemycin oxime and 5 mg praziquantel per kg body weight, given orally as a single dose.