Our cats are a continuous source of joy and inspiration. And although there isn’t a day we don’t relish our friendship, the 8th of August is just the perfect day to give back and indulge in some extra cat-time.
Eight ways to celebrate
1. What better way to make a contribution than to volunteer at a local cat shelter or donate to a cat charity? Money is always welcome, but your time – as well as those old toys or blankets – will make some fellow cats happy.
2. Cats spend 2/3 of their day sleeping, so why not curl up on the couch and enjoy a nap together?
3. Spoil your friend with delicious treats and hide them around the house. They’ll love this! A couple of water containers in unexpected places will also make attractive drinking spots.
4. There are so many great films to watch that feature cats. Classics like Breakfast at Tiffany’s (1961) always warm our hearts, just like the beautifully animated The AristoCats (1970). There are also quirky stories, such as Moonrise Kingdom (2012), or excellent documentaries like ITV’s Secret Life of Cats (2014).
6. Create a photo album. We like to select photos with memories from each year and order them chronologically. Handwritten captions and stickers add a little extra magic.
7. One word: catnip!
8. If you haven’t got round to it yet – make sure your cat is microchipped. This is such a must. And if your feline friend is an outdoor cat, you can also invest in a good-quality collar and tag. Safety comes first!
Whatever you decide to do, we hope you have a purrfect day.