SureFlap Microchip Cat Flap
The SureFlap Microchip Cat Flap uses your cat’s existing microchip like an electronic door key to keep unwanted animals out of your home. The unique number on your cat’s microchip is permanently stored in the memory of the cat flap, even when the batteries are removed. When your cat approaches the cat flap from the outside, it reads their microchip and the door unlocks. It remains locked for any other animals who try to gain entry, creating a secure environment for your cat. Resident cats are less stressed once they realise their home is no longer being invaded.
- Makes cats feel more comfortable in their own homes
- No more fights or spray marking in the house
- Compatible with all common microchips and the Sure Petcare RFID collar tag (not included)
- Battery powered – requires 4 x AA batteries which last up to a year (not included)
- Low battery indicator light gives you plenty of notice when the batteries need changing
- Can be installed in doors, glass or walls
- Four-way manual lock allows greater control of your cat’s entry or exit
- Stores up to 32 pet identities
- Flap opening size (the smallest area your cat will have to enter) – 142mm (W) x 120mm (H)
- Door/wall mounting hole size – 165mm (W) x 171mm (H)
- Glass mounting hole size (a circular hole is required) – The optimum hole size is 212mm in diameter, but it can be installed in holes up to 260mm in diameter
- Exterior frame size – 210mm (W) x 210mm (H)
Product reviews are filtered by language.
The following reviews are available in English.
Does what it says on the tinAfter a couple of days of resistance my cat has mastered using the cat flap ... however if I’m near the door she still expects the Butler to open it for her haha
Much appreciated by my cat!My cat was getting bullied by a neighbours cat, which was getting into the house through a standard catflap. The Sureflap has solved this! It keeps the interloper out while letting Toby come and go as he pleases. The only hitch was that it kept sticking open - however, this was solved when I loosened the screws.
Sure flap cat flapExcellent product. Easy to install, worked immediately with micro chip.
Yes it works!Unsure about this for some time before buying - but glad I did. It slotted easily into the hole from the previous Catmate flap, all I had to do was drill two screw holes, the old ones were covered by the flap. Followed instructions for setting the microchip numbers of both cats before fitting, and no problem. Both cats were comfortable using it within 24 hours. I rather hope my tom of 4.25kg doesn't put on weight though - he's large limbed and seems to take longer than my small girl to ease himself through, or maybe he's just being cautious. So far they're happy - and so am I.
Old cat with new tricks.Our rescue cat is almost 15 years old and we were worried that he might not be able to cope with a cat flap with a comparitivly deep tunnel which he needed to enter through.Although it took about a week to get him going in he is now more than happy using it with no inducements,even though we had to keep it completely open for a couple of days for him to have confidence inside the tunnel. We then left it in the neutral position for a couple more days and finally activated the chip and allowed him to gradually gain his confidence. He is now totally confident with the flap and we can feel safe from other local cats coming into the house. Overall an excellent product.